What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The government funding is providing £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to provide substantial new funding for primary school sport. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, with the money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their pupils.
What is the purpose of the funding?
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside teacher when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils in after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
At Lingwood Primary and Nursery School we aim to establish a sporting culture that enables and encourages all pupils to participate and enjoy sport. We promote the benefits of sport and encourage pupils to perform a variety of physical activities in order to pursue a healthy and active lifestyle which promotes health, happiness and excellence for all.
PE Premium Spend for 2018 – 2019
Click on link below:
PE Premium Spend and Impact 2017-2018