Our curriculum is designed to ensure that pupils leave Lingwood Primary not only prepared for the next
stage of their school career but prepared for life. We are committed to providing a curriculum which
is broad, balanced, sequential, and progressive. We aim to ensure that pupils gain essential
knowledge, vocabulary, skills and understanding to enjoy their learning, achieve their potential and
hold high aspirations of themselves.
Our curriculum is a ‘toolkit’ for life.
• The curriculum at The HEART Education Trust is designed to provide a broad and balanced education
that meets the needs of all pupils and gives them the skills, knowledge, and vocabulary to prepare
them for their future lives.
• It is a ‘toolkit’ to develop skills of resilience, responsibility, independence and the ability to work
alongside others so that they are grounded adults, able to meet the challenges and pressures of everyday life in a continuously changing world with passion, enthusiasm, courage, positivity and self-
• Through our curriculum pupils will be taught the requisite skills to be successful, independent and
motivated learners in readiness not just for their next stage of education but for the rest of their
• Through our unique curriculum we offer our pupils opportunities and experiences that they may not
otherwise have in their every-day lives
• Our curriculum provides opportunities to ensure academic success, creativity and problem solving,
application of reasoning, questioning and applying knowledge, understanding, and skills across all
• Our curriculum recognises that physical development, well-being and mental health are key
elements that support the development of the whole child and promote a positive attitude to
• The curriculum celebrates the diversity and utilises the skills, knowledge, understanding and cultural
wealth of the community while supporting the pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural capital
• Our curriculum is inclusive and allows ALL pupils to develop a positive attitude towards learning, to
make the best possible progress and to achieve the highest possible attainment.